If you saw my 2017 bookish resolutions post, you’ll remember that I said I’m going to read a ton of sci-fi this year. I’m excited! I’m happy to have a vague excuse to read so much of my favorite genre.
So, I’ve decided to keep track of my challenges with this post.
I’ll be updating this as the year progresses, and I finish books.
Women of Sci-Fi
This is a challenge I decided to create on my own to add a bit of diversity into the other sci-fi challenges I’m going to be working through.
If you would like to participate with me, please do!
Feel free to comment on this post after you finish a book, add me on Goodreads and discuss there. I can definitely create a group if you’re interested! Or follow me on Instagram and feel free to DM me any time about any book. Same goes for Tumblr. All links can be found below.
This challenge is 17 books, which turns out to be a little more than a book a month. If you want to participate feel free to read as many or as few as you want. I’ll be reading these in order and will be crossing them off as I finish them, so feel free to discuss any I’ve finished or am currently reading with me!
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelly
- Armageddon Cometh by J.K. Accinni
- Beholder’s Eye by Julie E. Czerneda
- Downbelow Station by C.J. Cherryh
- Kindred by Octavia E. Butler
- Midnight Robber by Nalo Hopkinson
- Rogue Genesis by Ceri London
- Sarah Canary by Karen Joy Fowler
- Shadow Over Avalon by C.N. Lesley
- Shards of Honor by Lois McMaster Bujold
- Shikasta by Doris Lessing
- Starshine by G.S. Jennsen
- Synners by Pat Cadigan
- The Children of Men by P.D. James
- The Dispossessed by Ursula K. LeGuin
- To Say Nothing of the Dog by Connie Willis
- Up the Walls of the World by James Triptree, Jr. (Alice Sheldon)
Decades of Sci-Fi
These next two challenges are hosted by @scifiandscary. Check them out and consider joining in!
- In the Days of the Comet by H.G. Wells
- A Princess of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs
- The Clockwork Man by William Jablonsky
- Pirates of Venus by Edgar Rice Burroughs.
- What Mad Universe by Fredric Brown
- The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury
- Ubik by Philip K. Dick
- Lucifer’s Hammer by Larry Niven
- Neuromancer by William Gibson
- Snowcrash by Neal Stephenson
- Ready Player One by Earnest Cline
- Blindsight by Peter Watts
Wired into Sci-Fi
- Old Man’s War by John Scalzi
- Rendezvous with Rama by Arthur C. Clarke
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy #1 by Douglas Adams
- Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
- The War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells
- Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne
- Solaris by Stanislaw Lem
- Ringworld by Larry Niven
- Tau Zero by Poul Anderson
- 1984 by George Orwell
- Earth Abides by George R. Stewart
- Mission of Gravity by Hal Clement
- Ring Around the Sun by Cliffard D. Simak
- The Demolished Man by Alfred Bester
- The Long Tomorrow by Leigh Brackett
- When Worlds Collide by Philip Wylie
- The Death of Grass by John Christopher
- The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin
- Starship Troopers by Robert A. Heinlein
- The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut
- The Drowned World by J.G. Ballard
- Make Room! Make Room! by Henry Harrison
- Logan’s Run by William F. Nolan
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
- Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep by Philip K. Dick
- The Female Man by Joanna Russ
- Consider Phlebas by Iain M. Banks
- A Canticle for Leibowitz by Walter M. Miller Jr.
- Foundation by Isaac Asimov
- Life by Gwyneth Jones
Other Links to reach me at: